Tuesday, November 11, 2008

11 months and Halloween!









We had a Star Wars Halloween in our household! Well, 2 Star Wars characters and one pumpkin. I had high hopes of finding a little Ewok costume for him, but alas, no luck. This pumpkin was on Korduroy Krocodile's front porch the day before Halloween and in M's size...perfect! Nothing like waiting til the last minute :) We've had a great fall. This time of year is so refreshing to me and I always feel rejuvenated by this weather and all the festivities. The view outside our front door is so beautiful w/reds, yellows and oranges. I wish this color could last until Spring.
The boys had a lot of fun trick or treating in our neighborhood and especially with our across the street neighbors who would spoil them rotten if they could!

Just before Halloween M turned 11 months and now I am planning for his first birthday. I remember thinking in the hospital how far away his birthday seemed and how I wondered what he would be like at one. Now it is upon us. There is a part of me that is mourning that my last baby is now out of true babyhood. But, my sadness there is quickly changed to joy by his bright face and all the love we have for him. Parenting is such a bittersweet journey and I tend to see that on my babies' first birthdays so clearly. It doesn't help that I'm such a sentimental softie about most everything, though.

He is in a more affectionate phase now. He had been so cuddly up until a few mos. ago when we had a brief departure from wanting to snuggle due to his new found talent of crawling, I imagine. He crawls up and pulls up on my legs, crawls at a pretty fast clip around the house and loves to imitate us with his voice. If I call for one of the boys, he goes to the hallway and yells for them. His facial expressions are always good for giving us lots of laughs. He really is happy most of the time except when he's getting his face washed or diaper changed!

6 comments:

Angie Davis said...

a very, very cute halloween!

Summer said...

those are some really great costumes!! i know they had a blast! we need to get meade and collier together!!!

Amanda said...

Grayson is just about the cutest Yoda I have ever seen. Oh. My. Goodness.

katie said...

i think we're going to be star wars and princesses until our kids are too old for halloween!!

April Brown said...

The show down between yoda and the star trooper cracks me up!! Could they be any cuter??? And of course, the pumpkin...toooo much!

Kari said...

I love their costumes. And, what a great cabin you guys had on your fall break. The area and cabin look like the best place for boys. And the fish catching, how fun! I like your new title by the way.