fall has always been my favorite season. here in the deep south we don't get much of one, but i'll take what i can get as reprieve from the oppressive heat. we usually plan a trip somewhere else in the south, where they do experience more of a true fall, and it's always so much fun. some of my favorite memories are from those trips. a few of the things i'm looking forward to this fall:
- the cooler breeze that just gives that extra energy...you can almost smell fall in the air on these days
- baking pumpkin spice bread to take to friends
- it's birthday month for me and jamie!
- a weekend get-away w/ the hubby somewhere in the mountains. we try to do this every year around this time, but this year it's also our last minute get-away before becoming parents of 3!
- alabama football-it's exciting again!
- pumpkin spice latte's at o'henry's!!!
- helping my boys choose halloween costumes, pumpkins and planting mums
- the beautiful trees-i hope we do get at least a little color this year...
- the return of THE OFFICE ;-)
- and best of all....the arrival of our new son!
of course, a trip to asheville is the best if you can swing it,
hitting the blue ridge parkway in ga or nc for the fall foliage and lots of fun shops
and antiquing along the way, having a wine and cheese picnic on one of the look-out spots on the blue ridge parkway or on the county roads between gadsden and chattanooga,
old baker's farm pumpkin patch, site-seeing and staying at b and b's in chattanooga and mentone, fall festival at mentone, vulcan aftertunes, cocktails in the gardens (B'ham Botanical)-see activeculture.info....just to name a few. happy fall y'all!
*the beautiful daisies are from my sweet friend lauren---to enjoy...and to practice photography on!