Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Works for me Wednesday

So Monday has passed and I'm a little behind, so we'll just call this post, "this menu Works for me Wednesday!"
My dear friend Amanda (whom i would link to here if she had a blog....come on everybody, in unison now...."Join the Blogosphere, Amanda!") told me about this blog the other day. What a great idea!
This blogger, along with several other cooks, posts her week's menu w/ links to the recipes. So, it is quite helpful if you are stuck in a culinary rut!
Here's our plan for this week and I'll try to get on top of things and post next week's on Menu Plan Monday!

Monday: Taco Soup with tortilla chips, sour cream and grated cheese
Tuesday: Cook-Out! I served Grilled Hot Dogs, Baked Beans, Chips and Fruit Salad
Wednesday: Dinner at the church
Thursday: Champagne Shrimp and Pasta
with Mandarin Orange and Feta Salad
Friday:Make Your Own Take Out-Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
and bread
Saturday:(Don't forget to set your clocks forward tonight!)
Crab Cakes and Corn Pimento Salad
and salad
**amendment to Thursday-forgot to buy lettuce so we went with Haricots Verts with Lemon Butter (just fancy french for green beans)...we LOVE these at Chez Fon Fon where everything Frank does is delish, so I've been trying to find a comparable recipe for some time.



3 comments:

jess said...

Something is up w/ the Food Network link to Paula Deen's Taco Soup...if you can't link to it, go to www.foodnetwork.com and search for Taco Soup by Paula Deen. Enjoy!

Amanda said...

Ooo...Champagne Shrimp and Verts beans...the Parris household is FAN-CY!!! :) (And I hear ya loud and clear about the blogosphere!)

jess said...

ooh...that was so good and EASY! definitely recommend that recipe! an instant classic :)
i know you see right though my hoity toity recipes...;)