Saturday, February 24, 2007

quotes

and now, for the "scrapbook" portion of my blog, a few quotes from my ever observant 4 year old and 2 year old:

One day when we were riding in the car, I guess Sumner was thinking about the song, "He's got the whole world in His hands" or maybe just pondering theology...who knows?!, anyway all of a sudden he muses, "Tiny hands. Big world. Not compared to God! Big hands. Tiny world!"


And today, he gave us this one...
S: "I studied Abraham Lincoln in school."
J: "He was a very great man."
S: "I would say he's a better man than George Bush!"
we are a little concerned about how this will affect his standing in the young young republicans club at mother's day out...

an exchange with Grayson...
me: "Your piggies are cold!"
G: "It is. It truly is!"

Grayson has also recently added the word "may" to many of his responses to questions such as:

me: "Do you want Mommy to read you a book?"
G: "Yes, you may."
me: "Would you like to play with the Play Doh?"
G: "Yes, I may!"
The other night, he was on the phone with Papa and had been for quite some time. Finally, Papa asked, "May I speak to your Dad?"
Grayson replied, "No, you may not."

riding in the van with the sun shining brightly on his side of the car, this exchange occurred between grayson and sumner~

g: "excuse me, mr. sun? would you please quit shining on me?
pause...excuse me, mr. sun? would you please stop shining on me?
then adamantly, "mr. sun, mr. sun, dagnabit!"
(the use of "dagnabit" derived from our viewing of the disney movie, the fox and the hound! thank you, amos! )
s: "grayson, the sun doesn't have ears!"

and a few translations of other grayson-isms:
cope=coat
barm=barn
Why McQueen=Lightning McQueen (from the CARS movie)
Cats Beat=Nana and Papa's cat, which is named Catsby
frinkles=freckles

No comments: