Wednesday, May 21, 2008

hearts, crickets and strawberries

Sumner and Grayson were fighting over something and I told them they needed to take a break from playing with that particular toy and ask Jesus to help their hearts be kind to each other.
About 5 minutes later, Grayson came out of his room and assumed he could take the toy from the time out spot, because... "my heart thinked about niceness now."

Grayson, our resident cricket catcher, gets so excited about catching one mid jump that often not enough gentleness is shown the poor creatures. Today, we had an unfortunate incident where some cricket blood got on his hand. I said, "Grayson we need to go wash your hands because you have a little cricket blood on you." (ick, i know)
To which Sumner said, "Which is just about the nastiest thing in the world."

And in case you would like some strawberries this summer, Grayson can tell you how to make them:

"you just get a wittle bit of sugar, get a wittle bit of weaves, and get a wittle ice and get some fedders and a wittle bit of water and a wittle bit of green dots. and you get some wed gatowade."

Edit: Forgot this one!
The other day I nearly broke my toe by running into something in the master bath. I was dancing around because it hurt so bad. And then because it was the end of the day and I was nearly crazy (as I am at the end of every day) I got tickled, so I was alternately laughing and crying. Sumner looked at me with that look, like "Man, is she gone." and said under his breath, "Self control." Which made me only laugh harder and then he said, "You need some."

3 comments:

Angie Davis said...

oh i needed to read these this morning jess! i started reading near tears with morning sickness, and now i am in tears with laughter!

Loehr Family said...

I think Sumner is far beyond his years. That is hysterical!

The Shulls said...

Man... your guys are just adorable!