Monday, March 17, 2008

new eyes.


one of the things i love most about photography is how it has changed the way i view everything. i look at details, light and colors with new eyes...things that i once would have passed by now make me stop in my tracks. i am more awe struck by the beauty of God's handiwork. like when i open up the images i've captured with my camera and see my reflection in my child's beautiful brown eye...or when i look at one of God's creatures with an appreciation like never before. the richness of the pink of this flamingo, the texture of his feathers, the odd carriage and gait that this bird has that is entirely unique. the handprint of God can be seen everywhere.






4 comments:

katie said...

beautiful.
i can relate too.
do you also at times think in terms of blog posts?
;)

Angie Davis said...

these are stunning jessica. i have been thinking about this recently too. i love when the Lord allows us to turn a corner and see new things, or the same things differently.

Kari said...

That is beautiful and precious. Really sweet words, I love being reminded to take another look at things.

Amanda said...

Beautiful color is right!!