Sunday, April 06, 2008

birthdays!













whew. it was a weekend, but a good one. i'm tired.
friends with one or two kids often ask me how things are going with three. and i answer that it's full throttle all the time. it's chaos. but it's a sweet chaos. life is full.

on saturday we celebrated sumner and grayson's birthdays with a combined party at sports blast. can't say enough good things about that place and their staff. my boys had a blast, thus the name, i guess ;) and so did their friends. i highly recommend it. it was so nice to let someone else take over the party and clean up and just write a check. i usually love diving in and getting creative with a theme and doing their party myself, but this year w/ an infant in the house it wasn't gonna happen!

after their party we celebrated my brother's birthday that evening with a family dinner, then on sunday the ladies of our church had a brunch at mrs. martha's house. good food. good conversation. good times. and now it's time to start the week all over again.

sometimes i get tired just thinking about it. i was talking to a friend at church who has three grown children about the balance of it all. i often say it feels like i can't get my head above water...or the laundry...and i loved her calm honesty in response...she didn't tell me that i am trying to do too much or that i should try to cut something out, because she's been there, she knows the multiple plates that must be spun. she just said, "...and it will be like that for a long time." she knows that what i need is Jesus and His strength and that the only way I will truly keep my head above water is by looking for His hand to keep me afloat.

3 comments:

BKicklighter said...

You look beautiful - your boys are gorgeous. This mother of three needed to read what you wrote. Thank you!

Amanda said...

Looks like major fun! Cute tees/onesie!

Loehr Family said...

My mom always told me that having the first child was life changing, the second was a little different...but the third was when you became OUTNUMBERED! But I know she loved it and so did we. I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! (And that's coming from a middle child.)