Sunday, May 13, 2007

milk in the pantry

So...I'm 12 weeks pregnant and most of you know that, but if one can't tell from my already burgeoning belly, then maybe the stupid antics I've pulled of late would clue you in. It is amazing just how stupid I become once there's a bun in the oven...I mean, basically all my functional brain cells departed when Sumner made his glorious entrance into the world and I haven't really replenished them. But, being preggers just brings it all to the forefront.

For instance, I rushed home from a house showing a couple of weeks ago in Cahaba Heights...the showing was at 11:30 and ended at 12. I told Jamie he'd have to stay and talk w/ the folks b/c I had to rush back south right then to pick up the boys at school (and have time to stop for some lunch). I am starving, of course, at this stage, so I ran in Cafe Iz to pick up a quick bite-all the while impatiently thinking, "Come on people! I've got places to be!"
So, I pull into the school parking lot on the dot at 12:30 and see very few cars in the parking lot. I'm wondering, "Where are all the parents? Where's the carpool line?" Then, I panic, thinking, "I'm 30 mins late to pick up the boys...Oh my gosh! I'm a horrible mother!"...as if school ended at 12 noon. Then 5 seconds later I realize that I'm indeed 30 mins early. School gets out at 1 p.m. It has since the first day of school! Oh brother....

Or another example...sitting through an hour of conversation over ice cream at Bruster's the other night w/ some girlfriends only to realize at the END (instead of the beginning, which would have been helpful!) of our time that I had locked my keys in the Accord...thus causing a sweet and patient friend to have to drive me all the way home!

Previous episodes also include putting the milk in the pantry instead of the fridge, mixing brown and black in my wardrobe and not realizing it until after walking out the door (this is a major fashion faux pas, am i right, amanda?), going upstairs three times for something only to return without the item every time, and halfway preparing the pillsbury cinnamon rolls to go with dinner instead of the dinner rolls.

Maybe we could have a contest for the most ridiculous thing done during one's 40 week journey to motherhood?!!? At least I hope I can blame this on pregnancy....

5 comments:

Holly said...

Lots of Germans wear black and brown together. So much so that is doesn't seem all that bad to me anymore as long as it's all together eg. brown shirt with black pants/shoes or vice versa. Just go with it. You're pretty enough to carry off anything!!

jess said...

sweet, sweet holly...thank you :)
i must say that does sound like a better german fashion statement than the "man capris!"

how is zoe doing...any news????

katie said...

how long was the milk in the pantry?

oh, i never do anything stupid during pregnancy or after. duh.

Holly said...

Man capris are literally EVERYWHERE. Zoe is better, but taking a lot of medicine. The vet said he didn't think she would need surgery though.

btw, I've left the milk out on the counter all day here and just put it back in the fridge. It was still good. :)

Amanda said...

Black and brown together!?! Gasp!!! :) How about locking your child INSIDE the house while you are outside??? Good thing Ray works so close. I think I take the prize for least brain cells.